Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Mary Rubino

Anyone who has ever spent a significant amount of time with me probably knows that I don’t bop out of bed with a smile on my face when my alarm goes off every morning. I do like to get my full 14 hours. When I eventually roll out of bed and stumble into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, one of the first things I see is a little stuffed giraffe that Anne sent us last summer, and it never fails to bring a smile to my grumpy face. Lindsay’s “power animal” has always made me laugh, and I can’t think of a better or more bittersweet way to start the day.

When I actually stop and think about it, there are little pieces of Lindsay everywhere I look. Whether it is in pictures or keepsakes, bright jewelry or shiny dresses, she has woven her little ways into my life in a way that keeps her close to me every day.  She reminds me to turn off the tv and go outside.  She reminds me not to apologize for what I want or who I want to be. Sometimes she reminds me that the gym is boring and Chick-fil-A would be a better long-term choice. She reminds me to check shopbop new arrivals daily and to browse the 70% off section for deals. She reminds me not to settle. Not in work, not in life, not ever. Sometimes she even reminds me to recycle – not always, but I’m working on it.  Most importantly, though, when I think of Lindsay I remember to be happy. It’s funny how something so simple could require a reminder, but I think sometimes we all need one - and no one was better at it than Lindsay. Happy birthday Linds – miss and love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment