Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Linds!!


Linds,

Happy Birthday!! I wrote a super sad/sappy/emotional letter to you earlier this week but decided not to post it, because it’s your birthday and today is a day of happiness and celebration. I will not be sad.

Instead, for your birthday, I’m giving myself a gift.  And that gift is to chill out.  You and I both know that I have a slight problem with this concept and the past three months have been even rougher than my usual.  But, for you, I’m willing to compromise. Starting today, life comes first – I will not let grades or scores control my life and I will put happiness first.  In the next year, I vow to take more trips, read more (for fun), tell my friends and family that I love them every day, and definitely do a lot more dancing.  When I need perspective, I often watch this little man and think about how much you would love him (I know I do): https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l-gQLqv9f4o

Anyways, I’ve got a kind of big test coming up in a couple of days and I know you’re with me, so I'm going to stop with the stress.  I’m taking my last practice test after I post this and, if it doesn’t go well, I’m wearing a super cute dress (for your birthday, of course) so maybe I’ll just go pick up a Neurosurgeon and call it a day.  After this is all over, maybe I’ll throw on some of my crazy neon Supré cloths from Australia and try to recreate one of our ridiculous nights out, though it could never be the same without you.

I love you so so much and I wish that we could go out tonight and play Dare Versus Dare, have a dance-off in the pouring rain, or eat a mountain of Tim Tams together.

Love you always and forever,
Lauren

P.S. I've tried to find pictures that I haven't already given to your parents, and I think that this might be it, but I've got a whole album of just you that I like to keep around... Somehow this set just highlights how you could pull off the American Apparel t-shirt + accessories look and still look more glamorous than everyone else combined.






No comments:

Post a Comment