Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Friday, March 4, 2011

I've made a minor edit to a section if one of Lindsay's favorite songs, "Come on Eileen"

"These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,
But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever.
Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
Lindsay I'll hum this tune forever."

I'm still waiting for her to pop out from around the corner and say, "Just kidding!" Lindsay loved to convince her friends in Chagrin that she couldn't make it back home for a break, and just when we least expected would walk into the room all laughs and smiles, typical Lindsay. I don't know if she liked being surprised as much as she loved doing it to others, but I'll never forget hiding in a friend's closet waiting to surprise Lindsay on her birthday. Her smile alone was worth the 4 hour drive, the wait in the closet, and the inevitable hangover the morning after our celebration.

I don't know how I got so lucky to have you in my life Lindsay. Thank you for bringing out the best in everyone around you, for making me feel worthy of a friend like you even when I didn't think that I was, and most of all for always knowing how to make me laugh. I will miss you every minute of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment