Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy Lindsay Day!

Two weeks ago I took my parents to visit the tree Lauren Wessel and I planted for for Lindsay, and was lucky enough to see the first leaves of the season. It was looking for sunshine and growing, but mostly just chilling by lake.


I was sad that I would not be in New Haven today to send you a picture of it, but guess what? Yesterday, my friend Jenny, who never got to meet Lindsay but runs by her tree often with me, sent me a picture:


Jenny did not know that today was Lindsay Day, but I have a feeling the tree was beaming so brightly that Jenny knew it was a special time.

I hope this post finds everyone doing well. I love the photos you posted of Lindsay's 10th birthday, Billie. How special.

Here is Lindsay with my dog on my 21st birthday. She was 1 of maybe 5 people who were willing to celebrate me on a Wednesday night. It meant the world to me. But that's the kind of person Lindsay was. She was there for you, no matter what. I miss her unconditional friendship.

I am finishing up my PhD in genetics at Yale and am in the midst of moving to San Francisco to live with my boyfriend and start a post-doc fellowship at UCSF. I think of Lindsay whenever I remember to put my research down and go have fun. "Live a little!"

xoxo, Helen Rankin


No comments:

Post a Comment