Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Lindsay Day - Erica (Knee) Pitera

Lindsay Day will always hold a special place in my heart because 1) I will always worship the goddess that is Lindsay Rawot and 2) June 8th is now my wedding anniversary! Ryan and I are immersing ourselves in nature in the Berkshire Mountains for a little celebratory getaway, and the beauty we're surrounded by is breathtaking.
I'm finishing my pediatric dentistry residency in New York City so this mountain respite is very much appreciated. Although I whined as we hiked through buggy creeks and past snakes, I felt so lucky to be enjoying the scenery and serenity of the mountains. Lindsay loved the outdoors and adventure of any kind, and today, and everyday, I savor every ray of sunshine and gentle breeze in her honor.

As I do dental consults in the hospital for children with leukemia and lymphoma, I'm constantly reminded of the strength of the human spirit. And how freakin cute kids are, no matter what they're up against!  Lindsay was more than cute - she was glamorous, hilarious, and one of the kindest souls I've met, right up until the very end.

Today is a beautiful day to celebrate life - I love you LAR, happy birthday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment