Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy birthday Lindsay, friends forever

Dear Lindsay,

I wish that instead of reflecting I was celebrating with you, floating on some body of water with the sun on our faces and beers in our hands and hearing about all the amazing things you’ve done. If I could talk to you now I would tell you about how much you’ve impacted my life. About how sometimes I meet a patient that reminds me of you and my heart breaks. Knowing you before and during your illness has been the single greatest motivator for me to always spend the extra time and effort with patients, and for that I’m forever grateful. I miss you. I can’t believe how long its been. Thinking about you on your birthday always makes it sink in a little deeper and I feel like I can't breathe. But then, I think about some day or night we hung out and I inevitably end up laughing. You were an unparalleled friend, and I still don’t know how you made everyone around you feel special all the time. Your caring and joviality were infectious and I’m astoundingly lucky to have had you as a friend. 

Friends forever, 
Dave

Life update:  I just graduated from Harvard Medical School and I’m about to start my internal medicine residency at Johns Hopkins. I’m moving in with my girlfriend, Julia, in Baltimore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment