Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Erica Knee


Last year I wrote a blog post shortly after Lindsay passed, and I frequently re-read what I wrote and the comments I received when I'm feeling down. ( http://www.ericasweettooth.com/2011/02/stupid-cookies-stupid-cancer.html )  This one comment from Ben, a friend from school, really hits home:

"Erica, I'm so sorry for your loss and what certainly sounds like a loss for all of us who might have one day encountered such a truly inspiring and wonderful woman. Not everyone walks away from such a tragedy with a lesson in hand. I'm so glad, and so impressed, that you have chosen to use your dear friend's memory as a tool to do even better in your life (is that really possible for you?). More so, by so lovingly sharing thoughts on her death, you are inspiring all of us; you are allowing Lindsay to live on... even with people who were not fortunate enough to have known her. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that time and the memories that you carry in your heart will help ease the pain of this remarkably unfair loss."

Ben certainly has a way with words, and I couldn't agree more with what he had to say - Lindsay truly does live on.  After my recent engagement, I ran into wedding plans full speed, and booked a venue in record-setting time to ensure I had a Saturday in June for the wedding. Little did I know at the time that the date I chose happens to also be the birthday of one of the most incredible people I've ever met. Ryan and I will be getting married June 8, 2013, and I am so happy that this date will always be a celebration of love and happiness in my life, forever connected with Lindsay's memory.  Happy Birthday Lindsay, we love you!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment