Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Sara Stricker


Lindsay,



I am trying to put into words the ways you have inspired me this past year. I wish I could say that I accomplished all of my life goals or did something extraordinary but I can't say that I did. Even though I didn't, I feel that I am starting to become the person that I want to be and I have you to thank for that. Whenever I am feeling down, unaccomplished, lazy, you are my reminder to do better. You make me strive to be a better person, to take what life has to offer and to not waste a single day because nothing is for certain. You are such an inspiration to all of us, the memory of you studying for your finals while sitting in a hospital bed is something that I will remember for the rest of my life. You could have taken the easy road and just postponed your graduation but you were always striving to do your best, no matter what the circumstances. I have tried to incorporate this mentality in everything I do, nothing ever seemed out of reach for you, you always were the best version of yourself. I want to strive to live a better life since I know you were not given the opportunity to. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I am trying to understand why God would have take you away from us but the only thing that comes to mind is to make everyone around you become a better person, to strive to be the person that you were. You have touched so many lives, I wish I could explain to you the type of role model you are to everyone and will continue to be from this day on.  Below are a couple of specific ways you have inspired me this past year, just to name a few....


1. Read with passion. One of my fav books now is the Art of Racing in the Rain and I just purchased Saddled which I am sure I will love just as much.


2. Never take life too seriously. You always had a way of seeing the best in everything, you never seemed to have a care in the world.


3. Be yourself. I was always envious of you for you knew exactly who you were, I continue to remind myself of this trait.


4. Treat your friends like kings and queens. True friendships are rare, the powerhouse still lives on, you as the ringleader of course.


5. Look for beauty in everything, in everyone. You truly knew the meaning of this, I continue to try and find the best in everyone, you never know how someone can impact your life.


Missing you everyday Linds, xoxoxo.


Love,


Sara 





No comments:

Post a Comment