Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Taylor Field

Lindsay inspired me to stop biting my nails. This may seem like total small potatoes compared to running 26.2 miles or climbing a mountain or defeating a dragon. But when you hooked on nail-biting, running a marathon seems easier than stopping to find that perfect little snag to chew on. I'd tried to stop before, but I would last a day or so and then was back at it. It was gross. 

When I was in Chagrin in March - seeing her family and friends and talking about her poise and strength and humor and glow - I started to think about changes I could make to myself to be a better me. Is stopping biting your nails superficial? Maybe. But it had been something I had been trying to do for a long time and never could get the will up to actually do it. Sitting on the plane on the way home, I decided it was time. If Linds could be strong enough to go through everything she did, how pathetic was I that I couldn't even stop chewing on my hands for more than 2 days? And so I stopped. And since that day I have yet to once bite my nails. Ever. And when I get the urge to pick at them, I think about Lindsay and how she would probably say something like "TayFi stop it!" and swat me. So I don't. 

Next mission - marathon running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment