Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Kyle Sullivan

In the past year Lindsay has reminded me on a consistent basis of how I want to live the rest of my life because its easy to get wrapped up with other things and forget that we're supposed to enjoy the time we have.

From the Lindsay lessons.

Treat your friends like kings and queens. 

Lindsay has impacted how I view my friendships a great deal. I definitely appreciate having amazing friends more so than ever before. (Chagrin crew, College and DC friends). I can now see that you only get one chance at life, and for some its shorter than others, so you better live it to the fullest. You have to let people know how much they mean to you. And when you're with those people you have to forget about all the worries going on in your life and enjoy the moment because they are truly precious. People will only have so many amazing friendships in their lifetime so enjoy them while you can. There aren't many bonds stronger than friendship so give back to your friends and let them know how you feel. It seems a little dramatic for guys but it is largely done just through actions. I still catch myself losing touch with great friends but when I do, I try my best to let them know what they mean to me. Whether that's through joking around or just seeing what they're up to. I would be nowhere and nobody without my true friends. Lindsay always, always, always made me feel good about myself just by saying that she missed me or how she wanted to hang out asap. This happened a lot during our college years and every time I saw her during summer, thanksgiving or winter break it was like we had seen each other yesterday. When I catch myself not treating my friends like Kings and Queens I try to my best to do so because that's what Lindsay did for me, and for all of her many, many friends.



Embrace life's challenges, no matter how hrad.

I don't think I could ever put into words how Lindsay has influenced me here. No obstacle seems unattainable after seeing not just the challenges Lindsay faced, but the way she handled them. Her strength and will power should be envied by all because I don't know anybody who could have put on a smile the way she did. She didn't want any pity. She just wanted to share in our lives; see where we were, what we were doing, who we were dating and how we were enjoying life. I guess it ties into Lindsay lesson number four because she really just wanted to stay caught up with all of her friends regardless of what she was going through. Every time I think I am facing a tough challenge or I think life is unfair, I remember the confidence and conviction of Lindsay Ann Rawot and I am humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment