Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Ryan Schwartz

Trying to describe the impact Lindsay has had on who I am today is nearly impossible. The conversations we had about the world, and what our roles in it could and should be, are woven into the way I think about my life. Her sense of adventure, audacious optimism, and commitment to whole-heartedness have always inspired me to be a better person. In the last three years I have moved across the country, taught high school math, worked on behalf of renewable energy and started my own company. I can’t look back at a single one of those opportunities and not think of how Lindsay helped create them for me. After all, this is the girl who, upon me telling her I was a Philosophy major, replied “No offense, but isn’t that kind of a BS major? I mean, what, are you going to get hired by a Philosophy firm?” I’ve been trying to impress her ever since. One thing about our relationship has not changed since the day I met Lindsay: she makes me want to become a better man, a better human. I know I am not alone in thinking and feeling that way, which is the best tribute I can think of. She continues to be a source of inspiration for so many of us to live and love with all of hearts, bodies and souls. Happy Birthday Linds, wish you were here to see all the wonderful things you’ve done.

No comments:

Post a Comment