Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ashley Gildin, Duke


"There’s a long laundry list of the things I miss about Lindsay. I yearn for her witty emails, her knowledge of everything revolving around the celebrity blogosphere, and mostly importantly, her smile and energy. Lindsay knew how to put a hilarious spin on just about any situation, adding belly laughs to those that were inherently funny, and turning frowns upside down to those that were not.


Every time I read a ridiculous article or watch a silly video on Jezebel, Gawker, or whatever site Lindsay was currently obsessed with (probably something revolving puppies), I can’t help but wonder what sort one-liner Lindsay would peg to it. She loved her celebrity gossip news so much, she once spent an entire pregame freshman year reading US Weekly instead of actually pre-gaming. Her passion for everything she touched is remarkable.


I met Lindsay the day I move into my dorm room freshman year. My mom got all excited when she spotted Lindsay and Emily and proclaimed to me that I MUST be living next door to two girls on the women’s basketball team (they don’t grow tall girls like Lindsay and Emily on Long Island…). From that very first day, her smile and enthusiasm inspired me. Lindsay’s smile was undoubtedly contagious, and truly lit up a room. She is one of the bravest people I know and truly defined “living in the moment” and being eternally optimistic.


I will never forget Lindsay’s beautiful spirit and smile. Looking at the 784,576 pictures I took throughout our 4 years at Duke, I have come to 2 important conclusions.


Lindsay was the absolute most photogenic person I know.

Lindsay had the rare ability to make wearing ANYTHING, including a SCRUNCHIE, look good.



Lindsay- I love you and miss you more than you can imagine"


No comments:

Post a Comment