Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nick M., Duke

"It was last February when Lindsay was visiting DC for the first time in a while. I went over to Emily's place when you all were throwing down one night, to see Lindsay and everyone else, but mostly just to see her. I walked in and made my way to the beer pong table where I found her running the show. She came over and gave me a hug

and we caught up for a bit, but she was clearly focused on the task at hand and put the conversation on hold til the end of the game so she could get back to business. Her voice was softer so she couldn't command the room by talking over everyone, so she managed to do so with her game (although she did manage to talk some shit from time to time, which she totally backed up...) She was sinking cups left and right, carrying her team and often making multiple shots in a row. I don't know how long she ran the table, but I played her on two different occasions during the streak and lost both times, and it wasn't even close...


That was actually the last time I saw her and I'm glad that my last memory with her was a typical one, at a party surrounded by lots of great friends with her running the show, despite her weakened condition. Even if she ultimately lost her battle with cancer, I'll always remember her as a winner."

No comments:

Post a Comment