Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Davis Mersereau, Duke

My nickname for Lindsay was Koala. I have never actually been around a koala in person, but they are the type of unique animal that has the ability to always put a smile on your face and to make you laugh. Furthermore, koalas are always ready for a good hug. I pretty much disregard their general sloth-like behavior when it comes to the comparison. That eucalyptus is trouble!

When I first told Lindsay of the name, I had hoped the reception would be positive, and no doubt it was as koalas were one of her favorite animals. It was of no surprise to me then when Lindsay chose to study abroad in Australia, the land of koalas!

Whenever I see one, I think of her. And it makes me smile. I imagine if I ever am around one, I'll do whatever I can to hold onto it for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment