Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Casey Huser, Duke

"Although fond memories of Lindsay abound, one particular night back in the Fall of '08 reminds me all the time of what a thoughtful and caring friend Lindsay was. I was prepping for an Abercrombie & Fitch interview the next day (in retrospect, thank God I didn't get that job, I'm not nearly fashion savvy enough for it) and I turned to Lindsay for help. First off, Lindsay's fashion sense was extensive, but her particular employment at A&F in high school led me to turn to her for advice. The task was seemingly simple - from 8 men's and women's t-shirt designs pick the ones that you think are the best for the A&F Brand. I was staring at each t-shirt design, each more numbingly fratty than the one prior, and couldn't decide on any reasoning for picking one over the other. I was sitting on Lindsay & Em's monstrous (and delightful) couch pondering my t-shirt pickings when Lindsay asked what I was looking at as she wanted a break from her far more arduous engineering homework. When I informed her of my quandary, she eagerly jumped in and starting pointing out why some shirts were more "Abercrombie" than others and how I could rationalize my t-shirt choices. However, the light bulb did not really go off until she pointed out that Abercrombie likes two things: 1) layering and 2) flagrant ABERCROMBIE & FITCH spread across young chests. Lindsay then came up with the genius idea that I should rationalize my t-shirt choices by choosing the ones with A&F or Abercrombie plastered directly in the middle of the top of the chest so that when layered under a button down of some kind the Brand name would still shine through. She had truly hit the nail on the head. When I went into my interview the next day, I think this is the only part that I actually passed. My interviewer commended my t-shirt choices and my rationale, however I floundered so much through the rest of the interview that I ensured I would never get a call back. To this day, however, I'm fairly certain my interviewer stole Lindsay's idea and probably passed it on to her superiors as it was so genius. I wonder if she ever finished that engineering homework…"

No comments:

Post a Comment