Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tom Brady, Duke

It’s a weird to try and find the words to describe how much you like someone, how much you’ll miss them, when all my wonderful experiences with her began just the opposite – Hoping she would like me.

Yes, fine, I was at Devine’s. Yes, it was a Tuesday night. And yes, I came upon the long-legged, beautiful soul we’ve all come to know as Lindsay Rawot. On that chilly weekday night in Durham, I was kind of just hoping Lindsay would shoot a single glance my way, let alone talk to me. A passing smile would have done just fine. But what I left with that night was a friend for life.

And while I regret that had to happen at of all places Devine’s (kind of takes the magic out of it, doesn’t it?), I walked away with a vibrant, enthusiastic confidant who I could talk to anything or nothing about. And for me, it was those nothing parts, those nothing talks – the ones where you don’t remember what the hell was so funny but remember just how hard you were laughing – that will stick with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment