Please use this blog to remember, share and honor ALL that was the endlessly charismatic Lindsay Rawot. This Cruel Summer banner was personally designed by Lindsay as the header for one of her own blogs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Molly Bohonnon, Duke

"Everyone already knows how intelligent Lindsay was. Even in a school surrounded by some of the smartest people I had ever met, Lindsay stood out. What she mostly stood out for was not just her intelligence, but her ability to transition from having a blast to having a serious conversation to having a blast again. Freshman year I was lucky enough to live two doors down the hall from Lindsay and Emily. And lucky for me, Lindsay was also an engineer-- someone who could help explain to me all of the classes I had somehow gotten myself into. From the first day, it was so obvious that I was in over my head. Everyone else in class was incredibly competitive, and couldn't take a second to look up from their own notes to explain anything I might not have understood. Lindsay, on the other hand, was happy to explain even the simplest things to me, never in a condescending way, and never without interspersing her explanations with silly, non-chemistry related chatter. And once we were done with "business", it was right back to talk about the fun stuff. She could go into her engineer mode without skipping a beat. So while this isn't a favorite story in particular, it is more of an incredible appreciation of all of the times freshman year I could just pop over to her room and get the answers-- about Math 103 and tailgate -- all in one. I was lucky enough to live down the hall from Lindsay for two years... but by the second year I had cut my losses and gotten out of engineering. That ensured that I only ever had to bother Linds about the "fun stuff" from then on…"

No comments:

Post a Comment